As with all natural materials, wood is affected by environmental factors such as natural and artificial lighting, smoke and age. Darkening or mellowing can be expected and is a natural process for wood as it ages. Each wood species also exhibits its own distinctive grain patterns and characteristics which adds to its natural beauty. These variations in color, grain and other naturally occurring characteristics are not considered imperfections or defects. This warranty does not cover natural aging and darkening of the wood color nor does it apply to the inherent growth characteristics of wood.
• Finish Variation - All wood varies in color from piece to piece due to natural variation in tone and grain patterns. While St. Martin takes extra steps in selecting each piece of wood to enhance the natural beauty of our products, we cannot guarantee that every component will exactly match other components. The resultant natural variation in finish is not considered a defect and is not covered by our limited warranty.
• Pitch Pockets and Mineral Streaks - In certain species of wood, pitch pockets and mineral streaks are prevalent. This is particularly true of the beautiful Cherry lumber used in producing some St.Martin products. These naturally occurring features of our North American grown Cherry and other lumbers are not considered to be defects and are not covered by our limited warranty.
• Hairline Cracks - Environmental factors influence the performance of wood products. All wood absorbs and releases moisture due to its cellular structure. In periods of high humidity, wood will “grow”, and during dry periods, wood will "shrink". Over a period of time, the absorption and release of moisture may cause visible hairline cracks typically in joinery of wood components. These minor cracks are not considered defects and are not covered by our limited warranty.
• Warping - Warping occurs in wood when the bsorption and release of moisture creates "stress" in the wood. In many instances, this condition will resolve itself after the cabinetry in your home goes through a heating and cooling cycle. Warping of components is allowed up to one quarter inch (1/4") and is not considered a defect covered by this limited warranty.
• Fingerprints - Fingerprints can occur on wood products, especially darker painted finishes, due to oil and residue left on the human hand. Fingerprints are normal and are sometimes found on products that receive heavy usage or were not installed with hardware on doors, drawers or other accessories. Fingerprints on our finishes and products are expected to occur with normal usage and are not considered a defect covered by this limited warranty.
• Household Cleaners - Certain household cleaners and other substances, whether acidic, basic or neutral, may affect the color and integrity of the Product's finish over time. Any such ef fects on the color and/or integrity of the finish are not covered by this Limited Warranty. Please contact your authorized dealer for care and cleaning instructions.
• This warranty applies only to normal indoor consumer use. Product used for commercial or outdoor use is excluded. Not covered under this warranty are cabinets showing normal wear and tear; cabinets that were not stored or installed properly, improperly assembled or disassembled, intentionally damaged, misused, or exposed to elements; cabinets that have defects due to excessive moisture, accidents or negligence; and cabinets that have been changed or modified in any way.
• This warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of the defective component parts at our discretion. Our liability is expressly limited to the cost of material for the repair or replacement of defective goods. We may elect to repair or replace the product with a product of equal or lesser value and complementary style if the original style is no longer available. Due to the aging process of natural wood, St. Martin Cabinetry can't guarantee an exact match between the finish of the existing product and the replacement product.
• In no event is St. Martin Cabinetry liable for incidental, indirect, or consequential damages resulting from the use of our cabinets. This warranty does not cover the cost of assembly, installation, removal, subsequent damage or transportation of the defective product or replacement.
• When a claim for warpage/joint seperation/wood growth is submitted, St. Martin Cabinetry may, at its sole option and after inspection, defer action for 12 months to allow the Product to acclimate to the installed environment.
• Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty may last or the exclusion and or limitations of incidentals and/or consequential damages. Therefore the above limitations may not apply.
• This warranty shows specific rights that may vary from state to state. Any claims made under this warranty must be presented in writing with a dated sales invoice accompanied by photographs of defective material.
• The remedies put forth above are your sole and exclusive remedies and outline St. Martin's entire liability for any breach of this limited warranty.
• No other implied warranties apply.
• This limited warranty is effective for product manufactured by St. Martin America, Inc. on or after January 1, 2020.
Please contact the dealer from whom you purchased the product for warranty assistance. If you are unable to contact your authorized dealer, you may contact our customer care team.
St. Martin America, Inc
87 Schuylkill Street, Cressona, PA 17929